Traveling and packing for any vacation can be a hassle; making sure you remember everything and that everything goes smoothly is the dream. In today’s post, we teamed up with several other travel bloggers to give you one fantastic spot on the internet to go for a master travel packing hacks list! You’ll find everything you need to travel like a pro in this post!
So whether you need to pack like a pro, want to save money, or hit the road for an epic road trip – we have got you covered!
1. How To Save $$ On Travel
The first part of planning an epic vacation is the planning process. Many websites and resources are available to help you save money on your next trip. Here are some blog posts from our travel friends that offer great ways to save money on everything from your hotel room, flights, and rental cars. Each pro tip will help you save money on your upcoming trip.
- The Typical Mom – Shares her best travel hacks on How to Travel for Free!
- Lovely Indeed – Shares her hacks on how to travel as a family on a budget
- Travels With Drea – Shares ways she saves money with her family on vacation
- Consider deal sites like Groupon to save money on hotels stays and activities. I always find great deals here!
- The Hopper app will allow you to track prices on your flights and tell you with 95% accuracy if you are getting the best deal on your flight. Giving you updates if you should wait or book.
- Scott’s Cheap Flights is another great way to save money on flights. You pay a small subscription fee but get updates on all the hot deals and mistake fares!
- Take advantage of miles and rewards points available to you with a credit card.
- Consider travel insurance; we live in an uncertain world where travel rules shift and change. This could save you money in the long run.
2. Best Travel Packing Hacks
Now that you got a great deal on your travel, it is time to pack and get ready to get going! There are many fantastic ways to fill your best suitcase and maximize your luggage space.
- Start with a packing list to ensure you do not forget anything you will need.
- The Soccer Mom Blog shares her TOP 10 simple packing hacks for traveling with kids.
- Two Traveling Texans share their best tips for maximizing space in carry-on luggage.
- We recommend always traveling with a good water bottle that you can refill and use while traveling; we love this one!
- A Plastic bag or Ziploc bags are your best friend! Make sure and place items that tend to leak in a plastic bag. I also top the lids with plastic wrap and a rubber band; you can never be too careful. A shampoo eruption can ruin a vacation.
- Wrap fragile items in your clothes, so they are protected.
- Travel with a luggage scale to avoid paying extra baggage fees.
- Roll clothes – this can save you so much space.
- Pare down your beauty products to the bare minimum; only pack essentials.
- Use packing cubes to keep items contained and organized within your suitcase. This set on Amazon is a perfect size.
- A good idea is to pack a garbage bag to use as your dirty laundry bag for all those dirty clothes. Pack dryer sheets to add to the dirty clothes to help eliminate smells.
- Make sure you pack all important documents in your carry-on bag. You’ll want to have easy access to them while traveling through airport security.
- Remember to pack light. Think about how you can use clothing items more than once. I know this can be easier said than done.
3. Best Road Trip Travel Hacks
Road trips can be a fantastic adventure. Just you, your family, and the open road. With new and exciting adventures awaiting you around each new bend. These road trip travel hacks will help you enjoy your trip and keep your sanity.
- DIY Thought as an entire printable road trip pack to help keep the kiddos entertained while you travel. (these would probably work great for a long flight too)
- The Typical Mom – Shares the mother load of sanity saving road trip travel hacks you’re gonna want to check out!
- Thrifty Frugal Mom shares her tips on how she and her family survived a 40-hour road trip.
- Four Around The World has a great guide to help you with meal planning and precisely what food you should pack with their ultimate road trip food list.
- Ottowa Mom Cub shares her 18 Summer Vacation Travel Hacks You Need to Know! So many quick and easy packing tips to help you use less space to tackle summer travel with ease.
- Dragon Mama – Shares her Road Trip Essentials for traveling with kids. She shares some great books and travel tips to help “pump up the trip.”
- The best way to handle a road trip is to encourage your kids to participate – let them pack their favorite movies. I take my kids to the library to pick out a fun books on CD we can listen to. Let them pack their own snack bags.
- Give your kids their own “gas station cash”. They are excited because, hello, gas station treats! And you get to teach a little budgeting. It’s a win-win.
We love easy packing hacks and finding little things we can do to help make our lives easier and to travel with less stress! The idea is to relax, right?!
We hope these ideas have helped you to hone your travel know-how! What is one of your favorite travel hacks?